Question - What kind of programs on employment support does the State Employment Service implement?
The programs implemented by the State Employment Service are as follows:
- Unemployment benefit payment
- Professional training courses
- The compensation of material expenses for business mission of the unemployed
- The organization of paid public works
- Financial support to the unemployed for state registration with the purpose of being engaged in entrepreneurial activity
- The partial compensation of salary to an employer in case of employing an individual uncompetitive in labor market
- The organization of job fairs
- The organization of job clubs
- The organization of labor market research and forecast
- The payment of funeral benefit.
Question - Who can receive an unemployment benefit?
An unemployment benefit is assigned to the persons having the unemployment status, who do not receive pensions set by the RA law (except the pension for breadwinner loss) and have at least one-year insurance pattern.
The unemployment benefit can be also paid by a power of attorney.
Question - How long is the duration of the unemployment benefit payment?
The minimum duration of the unemployment benefit payment is 6 months.
The term of the unemployment benefit payment for every three years of the insurance pattern is prolonged by one month.
The maximum duration of the unemployment benefit receipt during each period of staying in the unemployment status is 12 months.
Question - When can the person again obtain the right to get an unemployment benefit?
If the person gets the unemployment status more than once, every next time he/she can have the right to receive the unemployment benefit if after his/her striking off the register by the State Employment Service he/she obtained at least one-year insurance pattern.
Question - How much is the monthly unemployment benefit?
The unemployment benefit comprises 60 % of a minimum monthly salary.
In 2009, the monthly unemployment benefit was 18000 AMD.
Question - When is the unemployment benefit payment suspended?
The unemployment benefit payment is suspended by the State Employment Service if during the period of the unemployment benefits receipt the person
- is involved in the paid public work
- is recruited temporarily
- participates in the professional training courses
- once refused a suitable job offer
Question - When is the unemployment benefit payment reinstated?
After the expiry of period of employment benefit payment suspension, if the person still does not have the right to receive unemployment benefit, the latter’s payment is reinstated the next day after the expiry of the period of suspension.
Question - When is the unemployment benefit payment ceased?
The State Employment Service ceases the unemployment benefit payment if:
- The person’s unemployment status is suspended
- The person’s unemployment status is ceased. The unemployed refuses a suitable job offer for the second time
- The unemployed did not arrive at the State Employment Service’s invitation during the term notified in advance for getting a job offer (if the absence is not connected with the unemployed person’s disease)
- During the suspension of the unemployment benefit payment the term of its receipt turns out to expire earlier or simultaneously with the suspension term
- The unemployed is excluded from the educational institution during the professional training courses because of breaking internal disciplinary regulations
- The court decision on arresting the unemployed came into force, or the unemployed was sent to mandatory treatment by the court decision,
- The unemployed died.
Question - How is the assigned unemployment benefit, which is not received by a good reason or not paid through the fault of benefit assigning body paid?
The amount of the unemployment benefit assigned, but not received during maximum three months by a good reason (illness, etc.), is paid after the rise of one-time payment right starting from the month when the claim was submitted, during one year.
In case of unemployment benefit assignment, which is not paid through the fault of benefit assigning body the unemployment benefit is paid one-time without term restriction.
Question - How is the unemployment benefit not received by an arrested person paid?
The unemployment benefit not received by an arrested person before the day of arrest and conviction is paid one-time on a basis of a power of attorney.
Question - Who can get the unemployment benefit not received because of the death of the unemployed beneficiary?
In case of the beneficiary’s death the amount of non-received unemployment benefit is paid to any adult member of his family or to the wife/husband of the died, to one of the parents or to a legal representative of under age children, trustee and tutor on submission of a request to the employment office after the beneficiary’s death during six months.
Question - In what cases is a jobseeker offered to be involved in professional training courses?
A person is offered to be involved in professional training courses, when
- In the labor market there is no appropriate job corresponding to his/her education, so in this case training is offered,
- His/her professional qualification does not correspond to the demands of the labor market, so it this case training on qualification increase is offered
- He/she does not have any professional education and qualification, so in this case craft trainings are offered.
Question - Who can be involved in professional training programs?
The unemployed, unoccupied jobseekers receiving long-term service and privileged pensions and the unoccupied disabled jobseekers can be involved in the professional training programs. The latter has also the right of working ability restoration
Question - On what specialties are the professional training courses for jobseekers and disabled people organized?
The professional training courses can be organized on any specialty having demand in the labor market at a given moment.
Question - Who is assigned a scholarship?
Unemployed people who are assigned to professional training courses by state employment service receive monthly scholarship.
Funds and Managers
One Social Window